Our Christmas Party – A Big Thank You
Thursday, 8 December, 2016
The Climb Any Mountain Team would like to say a big thank you to all our friends and supporters who supported our Christmas party event held at Belair House on 1 December 2016. It was a great event thoroughly enjoyed by everyone.
The Christmas Party was a celebration, not only to mark the start of December and the festive season, but also to acknowledge the new and continuing support we have received from you, our supporters.
Of course, the other reason for holding the event was to make this Christmas special for people living with intellectual disability and mental illness at the Pietermartizburg Mental Health Society in South Africa. we didn’t want to fundraise to provide Christmas gifts. Instead, we wanted to gift experiences – for many of us, these are normal everyday things that we take for granted, such as going to the cinema, learning to read and write or being able to swim.
So far, through your generosity, we have raised £2,200 which will fund 94 gift experiences for people who seldom, if ever, get to venture out from an institution into their community:
• 26 people will be going to the movies
• 21 people will be enjoying tea & cake at the mall
• 11 people will have a picnic and stroll in the Botanical Gardens
• 14 people will have craft lessons once a month for a year
• 9 people will enjoy a live rugby match at Kingspark Stadium
• 7 people will have support to write letters to friends and family every month for a year
• 6 people will learn to read and write over the year
Thank you for generously donating your time, money and especially for providing wonderful gift experiences for our friends in South Africa as we continue to seek ways to improve and transform what is available for people living with intellectual disability and mental illness in South Africa.
Check our gallery to see some of the pictures taken at the event.
The Climb Any Mountain Team